All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis fourth and final volume in the Photography series addresses the major themes of contemporary photography and the issues regarding the production and use of photographs in present-day society. With the advent of digital techlogy and the Internet, the late twentieth and early twenty-first century have marked a crucial milestone in the evolution of the photographic language and technique affecting professionals, amateurs, scholars, and enthusiasts alike, thus leading to the creation of an incredible number of images, often shared amongst millions. Through over 200 photographs from 1981 to 2013, this book closes the great Skira series dedicated to the history of photography. Providing an absolutely and truly international overview, the volume sheds light on modern historical figures like Robert Mapplethorpe, Luigi Ghirri, Martin Parr, Boris Mikhailov, Nan Goldin, Jeff Wall, and Cindy Sherman as well as their younger heirs.
- Author BiographyFormer director of the Galleria Civica in Modena, Walter Guadagnini is a curator and professor of History of Contemporary Art at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Bologna. He is also commissaire unique for the Italian section of -Paris Photo.-
- Author(s)Charlotte Cotton,Okwui Enwezor,Thomas Weski,Walter Guadagnini
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight1640 g
- Width216 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.