All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionPhotography in Southeast Asia: A Survey is a comprehensive attempt to map the emergence and trajectories of photographic practices in Southeast Asia. The narrative begins in the colonial era, at the point when the transfer of photographic techlogy occurred between visiting practitioners and local photographers. Illustrated with some 200 photographs, and with individual chapters dedicated to the countries of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines and Vietnam, the book ranges from the immediate postwar era to present day, focusing on photographers who demonstrate strong agency and automy in their practice. The relationship between art and photography, which has been defined very narrowly over the decades, is re-examined in the process. Photography also offers an entry point into the cultural and social practices of the region, and a prism into the personal desires and creative decisions of its practitioners.
- Author BiographyZhuang Wubin is a writer, curator, educator, and photographer. He most recently taught at Chiang Mai University, Thailand. |Zhuang Wubin is a writer, curator, educator, and photographer. He most recently taught at Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- Author(s)Zhuang Wubin
- PublisherNUS Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2016
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintNUS Press
- Content Note200 halftones
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.