All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionDementia is reaching epidemic proportions. To date treatment has focused on cognitive and behavioural symptoms and their management, but the physical side has been neglected. Physical comorbidity is extremely common in people with dementia and leads to excess disability and reduced quality of life for the affected person and their family. Physical comorbidity is often treatable if t reversible. Epilepsy, delirium, falls, oral disease, malnutrition, frailty, incontinence, sleep disorders and visual dysfunction are found to occur more frequently in dementia sufferers. Physical Comorbidities of Dementia describes how these may present and gives detailed information and evidence-based recommendations on how to recognise and manage these conditions. Written by clinicians, each chapter deals with a separate condition accompanied by a list of recommendations for management. Physical Comorbidities of Dementia provides practical explanations and solutions to help all healthcare professionals to improve care for people with dementia.
- Author BiographySusan Kurrle is Curran Chair in Health Care of Older People at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, and Geriatrician and Clinical Director, Division of Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Health Service, Hornsby, NSW, Australia. Henry Brodaty is Scientia Professor of Ageing and Mental Health and Director at the Dementia Collaborative Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, and Director, Aged Care Psychiatry at Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, NSW, Australia. Roseanne Hogarth is a Clinical Nurse Consultant in dementia at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- Author(s)Henry Brodaty,Roseanne Hogarth,Susan Kurrle
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.