All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionPhysical computing is all around us-from interactive displays at museums to puff sensors that aid the physically challenged. With a multiple book buying audience, this book doesn't require a specific background or technical experience. It is designed to help make a more interesting connection between the physical world and the computer world. The audience size is comparable to that of the Robot builder market. In addition to this audience, physical computing is also taught at several universities across the US. This book is a great source of information and kwledge for anyone interested in bridging the gap between the physical and the virtual.
- Author BiographyTom Igoe is a professor of physical computing at the Interactive Telecommunications Program in the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. He teaches courses in physical computing and networking, exploring ways to integrate the Internet more fully in everyday activity. Coming from a background in theater, his work centers on physical interaction related to live performance and public space. His consulting work and collaborations include work with orchestras, architects, dancers, musicians, and social activists. He hopes someday to work with monkeys, as well. Dan O'Sullivan is a professor at the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University. His work centers around the connection between virtual and physical spaces. On the virtual side he was the creator of QuicktimeVR as a member of the original Quicktime team at Apple Computer. He went on to developed such interactive enviroments as Dan's Apartment, YORB and Space of Faces. His physical installations range from musical instruments to carnival games to psychology experiements. Some of his work has found its way into art exhibitions in the United States and Europe. Dan lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Dan O'Sullivan,Tom Igoe
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/05/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPremier Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight851 g
- Width190 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.