All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionPhysical Education 5-11 is about lighting or relighting a fire in all those who have the privilege and the responsibility of teaching children physical education in Primary schools today. It is written at a time of great change: a revised Primary curriculum; an increased drive to raise achievement and potentially a narrowing of curricular scope in favour of literacy and numeracy. It is little wonder that teachers are looking for certainty and answers to questions such as:- * What do I teach in PE? * What do I need to kw about children's development? * What does good teaching look like in PE? * How can I assess such a practical subject effectively? This new and updated edition provides answers to those questions, covers issues in Physical Education and provides a wealth of practical advice on teaching across the stages of the new 2014 curriculum. Drawing upon the author's experiences as a teacher, coach, lecturer and adviser, it delivers a justification for PE as an essential element in the Primary curriculum, imbues a theory into practice approach that provides readers with clarity, instils confidence and offers a licence to teach all practical aspects of PE effectively and creatively underpinned by kwledge of children's development, their learning and the critical professional issues in PE today. This book is the essential companion to inform and inspire students and practising teachers in this most dynamic and exciting of subjects!
- Author BiographyJonathan Doherty is a Principal Lecturer at Leeds Trinity University, UK. Peter Brennan is Lead Primary Physical Education Specialist at the Comberton Academy Trust and is former Director of Specialism at Hinchingbrooke School in Huntingdon, UK.
- Author(s)Jonathan Doherty,Peter Brennan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePrimary 5-11 Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 44 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.