All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhysical Geology Today combines a deep integration of plate tectonics with an emphasis on conceptual understanding in order to paint an integrated picture of how Earth works. Damian Nance and Brendan Murphy blend clear engaging prose with hundreds of meticulously crafted illustrations to tell a clear and accessible geologic story that introduces the right amount of termilogy at the right time.
- Author BiographyDamian Nance is Distinguished Professor of Geological Sciences at Ohio University. Damian has twice received the College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Teacher Award, has been twice nominated for the University's Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award, and has toured as a distinguished lecturer for the Atlantic Provinces Intercollegiate Council for the Sciences. He has also worked for the Department of Energy, Argonne National Laboratories, Exxon Production Research Company, and Cominco America. In addition to being the author of over 150 papers, Dr. Nance is a Fellow of the Geological Society of America, former Editor of GSA Today, upcoming Editor of Lithosphere, and Associate Editor of Gondwana Research and Geoscience Frontiers. Brendan Murphy is Professor of Earth Sciences at St. Francis Xavier University. Brendan is an engaged teacher who has supervised more than 50 undergraduate theses and still manages to maintain an active research program that has allowed him to publish over 165 papers. He has been honored for his service to the discipline with the Geologic Society of America's Distinguished Service Award and with the Geologic Association of Canada's J. Willis Ambrose Medal. Few geoscientists can match Dr. Murphy's record of excellence in professional endeavor, dedication to education, and record of service to the profession. Dr. Nance and Dr. Murphy have collaborated together for 28 years, publishing their first joint paper in 1987. Since then, they have coauthored over 100 papers and two books.
- Author(s)Brendan Murphy,Damian Nance
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1584 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.