Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, this book presents the principles and applications of engineering metals and alloys. This new edition retains all the basic topics covered in earlier editions, such as phase diagrams, phase transformations, heat treatment of steels and nferrous alloys, shape memory alloys, solidification, fatigue, fracture and corrosion, as well as applications of engineering alloys. A new chapter on 'Namaterials' has been added. Intended as a text for undergraduate courses in metallurgical and materials engineering, the book is also suitable for students preparing for associate membership examination of the Indian Institute of Metals (AMIIM) and other professional examinations.
- Author BiographyV. Raghavan, Ph.D. (Sheffield), formerly Professor of Materials Science at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India taught Metallurgy and Materials Science courses at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, and at IIT Kanpur and IIT Delhi for many years. A Fellow of the American Society of Metals and an honorary member of the Indian Institute of Metals, Professor Raghavan is the recipient of the Brunton Medal of Sheffield University, UK (1964), the G.D. Birla Gold Medal of Indian Institute of Metals (1985), and the Hume-Rothery Award of the Institute of Materials, London (2001).
- Author(s)V. Raghavan
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.