All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a sound introduction to the basic physical processes that dominate the workings of the Earth, its atmosphere and hydrosphere. It systematically introduces the physical processes involved in the Earth's systems without assuming an advanced physics or mathematical background. This work: offers an integrated approach to the study of earth, marine and atmospheric environmental sciences, reflecting current trends in undergraduate courses; uses natural examples of physical processes, rather than abstract physics and maths, throughout to illustrate the scientific principles involved. Artwork from the book is available to instructors online.
- Author BiographyDr Mike Leeder teaches and researches at the School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, UK. His main research interests are currently in the physics of sediment transport by turbulent flows and in the interactions between Earth surface physical processes and tectonics. He does active field work in Greece and New Mexico, USA. Dr Marta Perez-Arlucea teaches and researches at the Faculty of Marine Sciences, University of Vigo, Spain. Her main research interests currently include fluvial and coastal sedimentology, the determination of denudation rates, sediment flux, deposition rates and coastal evolution in Galicia (Spain), and the relation between tectonics and sedimentation in the Gulf of Corinth (Greece) and New Mexico, USA.
- Author(s)Marta Perez-Arlucea,Mike R. Leeder
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2005
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note270 illustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width219 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.