All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Institute for Amorphous Studies was founded in 1982 as the international center for the investigation of amorphous mate- rials. It has since played an important role in promoting the und er- standing of disordered matter in general. An Institute lecture series on Fundamentals of Amorphous Materials and Devices was held during 1982-83 with distinguished speakers from universities and industry. These events were free and open to the public ,and were attended by many representatives of the scientific community. The lectures themselves were highly successful inasmuch as they provided t only formal instruction but also an opportunity for vigorous and stimulating debate. That last element could t be captured within the pages of a book I but the lectures concentrated on the latest advances in the field I which is why their essential contents are he re reproduced in collective form. Together they constitute an interdisciplinary status report of the field. The speakers brought many different viewpoints and a variety of back- ground experiences io bear on the problems involved I but though language and conventions vary I the essential unity of the concerns is very clear I as indeed are the ultimate benefits of the many-sided approach.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/06/2013
- Series TitleInstitute for Amorphous Studies Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight793 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBrian B. Schwartz,David Adler,Martin C. Steele
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.