All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionGovernment and companies have already invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the convergence of physical and logical security solutions, but there are books on the topic. This book begins with an overall explanation of information security, physical security, and why approaching these two different types of security in one way (called convergence) is so critical in today's changing security landscape. It then details enterprise security management as it relates to incident detection and incident management. This is followed by detailed examples of implementation, taking the reader through cases addressing various physical security techlogies such as: video surveillance, HVAC, RFID, access controls, biometrics, and more.
- Author BiographyWilliam P. Crowell is an Independent Consultant specializing in Information Technology, Security and Intelligence Systems. He also is a director and Chairman of Broadware Technologies, an Internet streaming-video company, a director of ArcSight, Inc., an enterprise security management software company, a director of Narus, a software company specializing in IP telecommunications Infrastructure software, a director at Ounce Labs, a software company specializing in source code vulnerability assessment tools and a director of RVison, a video surveillance technology company. In July 2003 he was appointed to the Unisys Corporate Security Advisory Board (now the Security Leadership Institute) to address emerging security issues and best practices. William P. Crowell served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Santa Clara, California-based Cylink Corporation, a leading provider of e-business security solutions from November 1998 to February 2003, when Cylink was acquired by SafeNet, Inc., a Baltimore based VPN technology and security products company. He continues to serve as a consultant and member of the Federal Advisory Board at SafeNet. Crowell came to Cylink from the National Security Agency, where he held a series of senior positions in operations, strategic planning, research and development, and finance. In early 1994 he was appointed as the Deputy Director of NSA and served in that post until his retirement in late 1997 From 1989 to 1990, Crowell served as a vice president at Atlantic Aerospace Electronics Corporation, now a subsidiary of Titan Systems, leading business development in space technology, signal processing and intelligence systems. In April 1999, Crowell was appointed to the President's Export Council (PEC), which advised the administration on trade and export policy. He served as chairman of the PEC Subcommittee on Encryption, which worked with the Administration, Congress and private industry to substantially loosen restrictions. Brian T. Contos, CISSP, Chief Security Officer, ArcSight Inc. has over a decade of real-world security engineering and management expertise developed in some of the most sensitive and mission-critical environments in the world. As ArcSight's CSO he advises government organizations and Global 1,000s on security strategy related to Enterprise Security Management (ESM) solutions while being an evangelist for the security space. He has delivered security-related speeches, white papers, webcasts, podcasts and most recently published a book on insider threats titled - Enemy at the Water Cooler. He frequently appears in media outlets including: Forbes, The London Times, Computerworld, SC Magazine, Tech News World, Financial Sector Technology and the Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Journal. Mr. Contos has held management and engineering positions at Riptech, Lucent Bell Labs, Compaq Computers and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). He has worked throughout North America, South America, Western Europe, and Asia and holds a B.S. from the University of Arizona in addition to a number of industry and vendor certifications. Colby DeRodeff, GCIA, GCNA; Manager, Technical Marketing, ArcSight, has spent nearly a decade working with global organizations guiding best practices and empowering the use of ArcSight products across all business verticals including government, finance and healthcare. In this capacity he has been exposed to countless security and organizational challenges giving him a unique perspective on today's information security challenges. Recognized as an expert in the field of IT security, Colby's primary areas of focus are insider threat, the convergence of physical and logical security, as well as enterprise security and information management. As the leader of ArcSight's Technical Marketing team, Colby drives content for customers to more easily identify and solve complex real-world issues. He has helped ArcSight grow from the earliest days as
- Author(s)Brian T Contos,Colby DeRodeff,Dan Dunkel,William P Crowell
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEric Cole
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.