All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhysics in Minutes covers everything you need to kw about physics, condensed into 200 key topics. Each idea is explained in clear, accessible language, building from the basics, such as mechanics, waves and particles, to more complex topics, including neutris, string theory and dark matter. Based on scientific research proving that the brain best absorbs information visually, illustrations accompany the text to aid quick comprehension and easy recollection. This convenient and compact reference book is ideal for anyone interested in how our world works. Chapters include: Newton's Laws of Motion, Schrodinger's cat, Magnetism, Superconductivity, Fission and fusion, Higgs Boson, Entropy, Dark matter.
- Author BiographyGiles Sparrow studied Astronomy at University College London, and works as an editor specializing in popular science. He is the author of - amongst other books - The Universe and How To See It, The Stargazer's Handbook and Hubble: Window on the Universe and was a major contributor to Dorling Kindersley's Universe.
- Author(s)Giles Sparrow
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleIn Minutes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note200 illustrations and diagrams
- Weight330 g
- Width128 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine29 mm
Most relevant reviews
- yesimzane24 May, 2016by
Pretty sweet little book to pick up and learn some new and physics-y which is always lovely!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.