All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe most up-to-date book available on the physics of photonic devices This new edition of Physics of Photonic Devices incorporates significant advancements in the field of photonics that have occurred since publication of the first edition (Physics of Optoelectronic Devices). New topics covered include a brief history of the invention of semiconductor lasers, the Lorentz dipole method and metal plasmas, matrix optics, surface plasma waveguides, optical ring resonators, integrated electroabsorption modulator-lasers, and solar cells. It also introduces exciting new fields of research such as: surface plasmonics and micro-ring resonators; the theory of optical gain and absorption in quantum dots and quantum wires and their applications in semiconductor lasers; and vel microcavity and photonic crystal lasers, quantum-cascade lasers, and GaN blue-green lasers within the context of advanced semiconductor lasers. Physics of Photonic Devices, Second Edition presents vel information that is t yet available in book form elsewhere. Many problem sets have been updated, the answers to which are available in an all-new Solutions Manual for instructors. Comprehensive, timely, and practical, Physics of Photonic Devices is an invaluable textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in photonics and an indispensable tool for researchers working in this rapidly growing field.
- Author BiographyShun Lien Chuang, PhD, is the MacClinchie Distinguished Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. His research centers on semiconductor optoelectronic and nanophotonic devices. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society, IEEE, and the Optical Society of America. He received the Engineering Excellence Award from the OSA, the Distinguished Lecturer Award and the William Streifer Scientific Achievement Award from the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society, and the Humboldt Research Award for Senior U.S. Scientists from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Author(s)Shun Lien Chuang
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2009
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1288 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.