Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe NATO Advanced Study Institute on Physios of St~ong Fields was held at Maratea/Italy from 1-14 June, 1986. The school was devoted to the advances, theoretical and experimental, in physics of strong fields made during the past five years. The topic of the first week was almost exclusively quantum electrodynamics, with dis- cussions of symmetry breaking in the ground state, of the physics of strong fields in heavy ion collisions and of precision tests of perturba- tive quantum electrodynamics. The famous positron lines found at GSI (Darmstadt) and the related question new particle versus vacuum decay - (yes or or both) - constituted the center of experimental advances. This was followed in the second week by the presentation of a broad range of other areas where strong fields occur, reaching from nuclear physics over quantum chromodynamics to gravitation theory and astrophysics. We were fortunate to be able to calIon a body of lecturers who t only made considerable personal contributions to this research but who are also ted for their lecturing skills. Their enthusiasm and dedication for their work was readily transmitted to the students resulting in a very suc- cessful school.
- Author(s)Walter Greiner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number153
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note383 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1886 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.