All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionA reissue of a classic book -- corrected, edited, typeset, redrawn, and indexed for the Biological Physics Series. In- tended for undergraduate courses in biophysics, biological physics, physiology, medical physics, and biomedical engineering, this is an introduction to statistical physics with examples and problems from the medical and biological sciences. Topics include the elements of the theory of probability, Poisson statistics, thermal equilibrium, entropy and free energy, and the second law of thermodynamics. It can be used as a supplement to standard introductory physics courses, and as a text for medical schools, medical physics courses, and biology departments. The three volumes combined present all the major topics in physics. These books are being reissued in response to frequent requests to satisfy the growing need among students and practitioners in the medical and biological sciences with a working kwledge of the physical sciences. The books are also in demand in physics departments either as supplements to traditional intro texts or as a main text for those departments offering courses with biological or medical physics orientation.
- Author(s)Felix M.H. Villars,George B. Benedek
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- Series TitleBiological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1433 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.