All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe best-selling Improve your sight-reading! series by rewned educationalist Paul Harris has w been extended to offer a series of editions supporting the Trinity College London sight-reading criteria. The books have been specifically written to reflect Trinity's parameters for each grade and contain new material throughout. Designed to help you overcome all your sight-reading problems, these books follow the same progressive format as previous editions: technical aspects are introduced step by step, firstly through rhythmic and melodic exercises, then by studying prepared pieces with associated questions, and finally 'Going solo' with a series of meticulously graded sight-reading pieces
- Author BiographyPaul Harris studied the clarinet at the Royal Academy of Music with Professor John Davies, winning the August Manns Prize for outstanding playing; composition with Timothy Baxter, and conducting with Maurice Miles. He then went on to study music education at the University of London where he was a pupil of Professor Keith Swanwick. He now has over six hundred publications to his name; among them The Music Teacher's Companion, which won the UK Music Industry Award for Best New Book, the Improve Your Scales!, Improve Your Practice!, Improve Your Aural!, and Improve Your Sight-Reading! series, through which he has assisted thousands of young players worldwide to develop these vital musical skills. In addition, he has written many other works ranging from innumerable short education pieces to seven concertos, a ballet and a children's opera. Paul writes regularly for many of the major international music magazines, including Music Teacher, BBC Music Magazine, the ABRSM's Libretto, and the American ICA Journal. He is in great demand as a workshop and seminar leader and adjudicator in the UK, the USA and the Far East, Australia and New Zealand. Paul has also undertaken research into specialist music education for the highly talented (the clarinet prodigy Julian Bliss number among his pupils), an interest that has taken him to many musical institutions around the world. He is an examiner and adjudicator and is frequently asked to take part in national events including the Chamber Music for Schools Competition, Music for Youth, the BBC Young Musician of the Year and he is a regular judge for Classic FM's teacher of the year. He has also recently co-authored (with Anthony Meredith) major new biographies of the British composer Sir Malcolm Arnold (Malcolm Arnold: Rogue Genius), the late Master of The Queen's Music, Malcolm Williamson (Malcolm Williamson - A Mischievous Muse) and Sir Richard Rodney Bennett. Paul's innovative teaching techniques, especially his concept of Simultaneous Learning, have found support all over the world and combine thoroughness, imagination and practicality; the defining qualities of his outstandingly successful work.
- Author(s)Paul Harris
- PublisherFaber Music Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleImprove Your Sight-Reading!
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber Music Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.