All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a fresh approach to discussions around one of the twentieth century's greatest artists, Picasso: The Artist and His Muses examines the significance of the six women who were most important to Picasso's artistic development, as well as exploring in depth the tion of the artist/muse relationship. Featuring texts by some of the world's leading female art writers, this publication covers work that spans most of Picasso's entire career, from 1906 through to the early 1970s. Focusing on the prominent muses throughout his life-Fernande Olivier, Olga Khokhlova, Marie-Therese Walter, Dora Maar, Francoise Gilot and Jacqueline Roque-making clear the impact that these women had on Picasso's creativity and their significant long-term influence on the development of his work. Coinciding with a travelling North American exhibition programme, this beautifully designed and illustrated book reopens the door to discussions around Picasso's life and work.
- Author BiographyKatharina Beisiegel (Deputy Director, Art Centre Basel), Laurence Madeline (Chief Curator, Musee d'Art et d'Histoire, Geneva), Cecile Godefroy (Art Historian and Associate Researcher to the Fundacion Almine y Bernard Ruiz-Picasso para el Arte, Bruxelles), Diana Widmaier Picasso (Art Historian), Verane Tasseau (Art Historian), Gertje Utley (Independent Art Historian and Author of 'Picasso: The Communist Years', New York 2000), Catherine M Soussloff (Professor of Art History, Visual Art & Theory at University of British Columbia, Vancouver).
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing Ltd
- Content Note120 ills
- Weight1021 g
- Width239 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKatharina Beisiegel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.