All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the few under-examined aspects of Picasso's life and work was his love of animals. The son of a pigeon breeder and an aficionado of bullfighting, Picasso had an eye trained for capturing an animal's movement, shape, and personality - often with just a single line. Organised around the different types of animals that played a role in the artist's life and body of work - from his beloved dachshund, Lump, to dogs, cats, and doves, among others - each chapter offers personal accounts, amusing anecdotes, and wondrous works of arts. The perfect gift for lovers of animals or Picasso's art, this exquisite treasury of expertly rendered creatures is filled with humour, warmth, and the tremendous bonds between man and animal. Includes a preface by Davis Douglas Duncan.
- Author BiographyBoris Friedewald is an art historian residing in Berlin, Germany. His recent publications include Paul Klee: Life and Work and Women Photographers (by Prestel).
- Author(s)Boris Friedwald
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note60, 40 colour
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.