All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- Description<b>Pass! Shoot! Swish! An all-star team of YA authors scores spectacularly with an action-packed anthology about street basketball.</b> It's one steamy July day at the West 4th Street Court in NYC, otherwise kwn as The Cage. Hotshot ESPN is wooing the scouts, Boo is struggling to guard the weird new guy named Waco, a Spike Lee wannabe has video rolling, and virgin Irene is sizing up six-foot-eightand-a-half-inch Chester. Nine of YA literature's top writers, including Walter Dean Myers, Rita Williams-Garcia, Adam Rapp, Joseph Bruchac, and Sharon Flake reveal how it all goes down in a searing collection of short stories, in which each one picks up where the previous one ends. Characters weave in and out of narratives, perspectives change, and emotions play out for a fluid and fast-paced ode to the game. Crackling with humor, grit, and streetball philosophy, and featuring poems and photographs by Charles R. Smith Jr., this anthology is a slam dunk.
- Author BiographyMarc Aronson is an editor and author of many award-winning books for young people, including War Is. . . . Soldiers, Survivors, and Storytellers Talk About War, which he coedited with Patty Campbell, and Sugar Changed the World, which he cowrote with Marina Budhos. Marc Aronson lives in New Jersey. Charles R. Smith Jr. won the 2010 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award for his photographs in My People by Langston Hughes. He is also the author and photographer of Winning Words: Sports Stories and Photographs and the author of Hoop Queens, Hoop Kings, Chameleon, and Twelve Rounds to Glory: The Story of Muhammad Ali, winner of a Coretta Scott King Author Award Honor. Charles R. Smith Jr. lives in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width148 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCharles R Smith Jr,Marc Aronson
- Illustrator(s)Charles R Smith Jr
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.