All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionCOMICS PACK PUNCH! Comic book values are soaring. Superman's debut, Action Comics #1, sold for $3.2 million. The first appearance of Batman in Detective Comics #27 fetched $1 million. Exceptional examples? Certainly, but you don't need X-ray vision to see everyone from collectors to savvy investors covets vintage comic books. Discover for yourself what insiders have long kwn with this hands-on, how-to guide to picking comic books. You'll uncover: * The best comics to hunt, from the 1930s-1980s and beyond* Where to find hidden treasures* Practical strategies for buying and selling comic books* How to flip comics for profit and fun* Common reprints and facsimiles* Restoration and repairWhether for pleasure or profit, the Picker's Pocket Guide is a real find.
- Author BiographyA staff writer and collectibles specialist for Heritage Auctions since 2003, David has had articles published in a number of magazines over the past 10 years, including Goldmine and Intelligent Collector, and was recently quoted by CNN concerning Action Comics #1 $3.2 Million Superman and also by the Wall Street Journal and others over the past few years. He has appeared as a voice-over on American Pickers, Season 1 Episode 10 (he's the one Mike calls about a group of Harold Gray drawings), recently wrote introductions for two books on comics published by PS Artbooks in the UK: Black Cat Mystery Vol. 4, and Adventures Into the Unknown Vol. 6 (both 2014), and he edited and wrote the introduction for the Fantagraphics book Henry Speaks For Himself (2014). He is also the publisher/writer of the fanzine Mumbo beginning in 1999, with 10 issues plus several specials released. Besides comic books, David's other specialties are comic art, animation art, and 1960s rock posters.
- Author(s)David Tosh
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKrause Publications
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width102 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.