All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPicnic in the Park is a fully illustrated book for children which tells the story of Jason's birthday picnic and his guests. In so doing, it introduces children to a range of family structures, including two- and one-parent families; adoptive and foster families; gay and lesbian families; and step-families. It also shows a diverse range of adults and children. Using the device of a birthday picnic in the park, each page shows a new set of guests coming to the party; children can draw their own and friends' families on the pages at the back. Vividly illustrated, this book will provide family placement workers with an invaluable tool for introducing children to contemporary family structures in their preparation work with children prior to placement. Indeed, given the scope of the contents, this book could be used with any child in any setting to introduce them to modern-day family structures.
- Author BiographyJoe Griffiths and Tony Pilgrim are both adoptive dads.
- Author(s)Joe Griffiths,Tony Pilgrim
- Date of Publication10/04/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width240 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lucy Pearce
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Reading AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.