All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.44Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionEdited and translated Medieval texts related to the Picts and Dark Age Scotland have been compiled for the first time in this one volume collection. Recorded texts include Pictish Origin Legends written in Medieval Irish and Pictish and Scottish Regnal Lists, many of which have never previously been edited. Students and scholars will also find appendices containing lists, tables, and charts of supplemental information related to the Picts. Dictionaries of 500 personal, place, and population names associated with the Picts provide further invative analysis of these texts. Calise has compiled a useful tool which allows scholars and students to compare and contrast the content of these texts in one handy reference book. There are written documents attributable to the Picts, leaving their history to be created mainly by n-Picts. This refence work is an attempt to find historical truths within the mythological with the use of the available Medieval documentary sources.
- Author BiographyJ. M. P. CALISE is a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland and has an interest in all aspects of medieval cultures and history with a special emphasis on the Dark Ages and arms and armor.
- Author(s)J. M. P. Calise
- Date of Publication30/08/2002
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleDocumentary Reference Collections
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notetables, bibliography, index
- Weight738 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.