All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an indispensable sourcebook for designers everywhere, a keystone for n-verbal communication. It outlines the history of pictograms and icons and how they have been applied in commercial and creative fields over the past century. Included top tips and background information from successful pictogram designers, as well as detailed discussion of icons, the silent servants of online communities.
- Author BiographyRayan Abdullah is Professor of Design and Typography at the Academy of Visual Arts in Leipzig. Between 1993 and 2000 he was Senior Designer at MetaDesign, Germany's largest design and branding company, where he was responsible for major projects for the Berlin Transport Authority, Volkswagen, Bugatti and the German Government (for whom he re-vamped the German Eagle, symbol of the Federal Government). Roger Hubner is professor of semiotics and design at the Mediadesign University in Berlin. He is the co-author, with Rayan Abdullah, of Corporate Design.
- Author(s)Rayan Abdullah,Roger Hubner
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2006
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Noteover 2000 illustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.