Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehind each shot there lies an idea or purpose. When setting up a shot, the camera operator can employ a range of visual techniques that will clearly communicate the idea to an audience. Composition is the bedrock of the operator's craft, yet is seldom taught in training courses in the belief that it is an intuitive, personal skill. Peter Ward shows how composition can be learned, to enhance the quality of your work. Based on the author's own practical experience, the book deals with the methods available for resolving practical production questions such as: Does the shot composition accurately reflect the idea that initiated the shot? Will the content and method of presenting the subject accurately convey the idea? Major invations in television and film production since the previous edition have affected the styles of composition, such as wide-screen and the use of mini DV cameras. These new techlogies and their implications for picture composition are addressed in this new edition. A new colour plate section is also being included to update the section on colour. If you are a practising camera operator, trainee camera operator, student or lecturer on a television or film production course, or simply a video enthusiast wishing to progress to a more professional standard you will find this book essential in enhancing the quality of your work.
- Author BiographyFreelance cameraman and trainer, working with ITTC and ex-Chairman of the Guild of Television Cameramen. He spent many years working on a variety of programmes at the BBC before becoming Head of Cameras at Television South West. He is the author of Basic Betacam Camerawork 3rd edition, Digital Video Camerawork 3rd edition, Digital Video Camerawork, TV Technical Operations (all in the Media Manual series), Picture Composition for Film and Television and co-wrote Multiskilling for Television Production.
- Author(s)Peter Ward
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2002
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.