All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReally great graphics --Mark Bittman, The New York Times An ingenious cookbook --Mark Wilson, Fast Company: Design RECIPES WITHOUT READING With illustrations instead of text, Picture Cook will reinvent the way you make food. Over 50 homey recipes are distilled into their most basic components, each rendered step-by-step in enchanting line drawings like thing ever before seen in a cookbook. Covering everything from omelets and lasagna to chocolate cake, this cheery bunch of recipes will cure your kitchenphobia, delight the design lover in you and satisfy every tummy in your path. Including a visual tutorial on knife skills, illustrated metric conversion chart, and an index especially organized for various dietary needs, Picture Cook makes the perfect gift for budding chefs, college students, or any home cook in need of some visual inspiration.
- Author BiographyKatie Shelly is the Picture Cook. A graduate of Wesleyan University, she works in media production at the Cooper-Hewitt Design Museum and lives in Manhattan. She lives her life the way she cooks -- experimenting, improvising, loosely following the instructions, and with style.
- Author(s)Katie Shelly
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Note100 color illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width178 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.