All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPicture Me Gone is the compelling new vel by the author of How I Live Now, Meg Rosoff Mila is on a roadtrip across the USA with her father. They are looking for his best friend but Mila discovers a more important truth. Sometimes the act of searching reveals more than the final discovery can. Adults do t have all the answers. It all depends what questions you ask. A brilliantly atmospheric exploration of someone on the brink of adulthood, from prizewinning author Meg Rosoff, author of HOW I LIVE NOW. This is a compelling read in the tradition of Meg's acclaimed vels such as WHAT I WAS and JUST IN CASE. 'Completely, completely wonderful' - Lucy Mangan, Guardian 'Nobody describes the strengths and pain of being young quite like Meg Rosoff ...she excels at blending tragic events, comedy, philosophical concepts and love into unexpected and engaging fictions' - The Times 'The only predictable thing about Meg Rosoff is that each book will be entirely different from the last ...Picture Me Gone is a delightfully authentic slice of life' - Daily Mail 'Picture Me Gone charts the tiny shifts in allegiance and unexpected situations through which the heroine discovers that the stories she lives by will t be eugh for the pitiless, messy, adult world. In this finely tuned minimalist work, every detail counts' - Guardian 'Printz Award-winning author Meg Rosoff's latest vel is a gorgeous and unforgettable page-turner about the relationship between parents and children, love and loss' - goodreads.com 'A great read' - Mizz 'Rosoff's talent is in writing believable, many-layered characters, and Picture Me Gone is a neat, beautiful little vel that unravels the ties that bind' - Stylist (Stylist's Top 10 Must-Reads) Meg Rosoff became a publishing sensation with her first vel, How I Live Now, which won the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize. Her second vel, Just in Case, won the Carnegie Medal in 2007. What I Was was described by The Times as 'Samuel Beckett on Ecstasy'. Meg was born and grew up in Boston, USA, worked in advertising in New York and has lived in London for the last 20 years. She is married to an artist and they have one daughter.
- Author BiographyMeg Rosoff became a publishing sensation with her first novel, How I Live Now, which won the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize; Just in Case, won the CILIP Carnegie Medal in 2007; and What I Was was described by The Times as 'Samuel Beckett on Ecstasy'. Meg was born and grew up in Boston, USA, worked in advertising in New York and has lived in London for the last 20 years. She is married to an artist and they have one daughter.
- Author(s)Meg Rosoff
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight149 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.