Picture Yourself Getting the Most Out of Your Digital SLR Camera by James Karney, Terrence Karney (Mixed media product, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPicture yourself capturing the moment and taking exceptional photographs of family parties, sporting events, or holiday celebrations. Picture Yourself Getting the Most Out of Your Digital SLR Camera: Step-by-Step Instruction for Taking Great Photographs of Your World shows you how to maximize your digital SLR camera and will get you from simply taking pictures, to creating outstanding photos to display and share. This book teaches the essential skills new digital SLR owners need, including exposure, lighting, proper focus, using flash, capturing action, and composition, with each chapter focusing on a specific topic and skill. You'll even learn how to create photo essays so you can truly capture the story of a special event or moment. The book also covers how to edit, process, print, and share your pictures through digital photo albums and slideshows. And unlike other books, Picture Yourself Getting the Most Out of Your Digital SLR Camera teaches these skills in the real-world settings that you will use them in, whether you're documenting the first day of school or your annual summer vacation. You can work your way through the book from start to finish or pick and choose the topics that interest you. Either way, you'll discover how to get the most out of your digital SLR camera!
- Author BiographyJames Karney has over 30 years experience as an award-winning professional photographer and teacher. He started as a wedding apprentice in high school and has worked as a photojournalist, medical photographer, studio photographer, and served four years as a US Marine Corps photographer. He developed and taught the 18-month photography certificate program at South Georgia Tech. He is an accomplished computer journalist, whose work has appeared in PC Magazine, Windows Magazine, Computer Shopper, and Internet World. His books include The Official Photodex Guide to ProShow, Mastering Digital Wedding Photography (Named a Book of the Year by Shutterbug Magazine), the Golden-Lee bestseller Upgrade and Maintain Your PC, The Power of CorelDRAW, and the Microsoft Press Training Kit for A+ Certification. He is a graduate of the US Navy Photographic School, and holds a bachelors degree in Communications from Excelsior College as well as a master of science in Computer Technology from Nova Southeastern University. Terrence Karney started using an SLR in 1985 and has had one close at hand ever since. His work centers on landscapes, book illustration, travel, and documentary photography. He speaks English, Russian, French, and American Sign Language and has traveled to Scotland, Germany, Ukraine, Korea, and Iraq. Travel changes how one sees the world; learning a language changes it more. All of it affects how one takes pictures, he notes.
- Author(s)James Karney,Terrence Karney
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece, figures
- Weight772 g
- Width185 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.