Picture Yourself Networking Your Home or Small Office by Dennis C. Brewer (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionPicture Yourself Networking Your Home or Small Office uses photos and diagrams, complemented by extensive and easy-to-follow text, to help any reader network his or her home or small office using wired or wireless techlogy. With the full-color, visual, tutorial style of the Picture Yourself series, you'll learn how to select and set up Internet connections, servers and workstations, firewall security, and protective software to minimize risks from malicious code. In addition, you'll discover how networking techlogy can be used to automate your home, boost security of the physical premises, talk to others via IP phone connections, provide entertainment, and more. Each step of the process is covered, including selecting equipment, parts, and tools; wiring and installing the network; and installing and setting up required software.
- Author BiographyMr. Dennis C. Brewer is a certified network engineer with over twenty four years experience working with computers and networks. He is also the author of four other books that include Wiring Your Digital Home for Dummies , Security Controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 IT Compliance and numerous technology articles. His communications skill, sharpened over an entire career in and out of government, includes any uncanny ability to explain complex technical topics to any non-technical audience. His easy step-by-step instructional methods, combined with a willingness for sharing practical tips and tricks gained from years of hands-on-experience are each keynotes of his contribution to others peoples' ability to quickly learn the technical information he has to share. Dennis C. Brewer has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Michigan Technological University. He is also a certified network engineer and information technology solutions specialist with over twelve years of full time experience in the computer technology field. His most recent experience includes a portfolio of computer security responsibilities including identity management, identity provisioning, and privacy protection initiatives for state government. Over the last ten years Dennis has worked on networking and computer technology from the level of hands-on building and repairing computers all the way to up to setting policy and charting future direction of technology objectives. Dennis' recent writing credits include numerous technology articles on Tech Target, and books: Wiring Your Digital Home for Dummies (Wiley 2006), and Security Controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 IT Compliance (Wiley 2006). His technology consulting client list includes a private university, multiple types of business enterprises, and a Washington DC based consulting firm.
- Author(s)Dennis C. Brewer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Out-of-print date09/03/2017
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight863 g
- Width185 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.