Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.96+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to Picture Yourself Playing Violin! This book and accompanying instructional DVD is the easiest way to learn the violin, because it begins at the basics with prior musical kwledge assumed. This book/DVD package is truly intended for complete beginners-it guides you through your first steps of acquiring a violin, setting up the violin to practice, actually moving the bow and fingering hands, understanding and reading sheet music, and learning how to practice a song up to a point to where you feel comfortable performing it in front of your first audience. As part of the Picture Yourself series, this learning package provides a progression of easy-to-follow instructions with extremely helpful pictures and diagrams that demonstrate every new technique and skill you need to learn, using the same steps and methods the author uses at her music academy. Each of the eight technique-building chapters covers a major aspect of the art of playing violin; for example, how to bow the violin with the right hand, finger the violin with the left hand, read sheet music, and how to learn and perform songs in an easy to follow step-by-step style of instruction. Each lesson builds on the last and adds a new technical aspect to your repertoire. The book also contains sheet music with supportive finger and bowing markings above each te. By the end of the book, you'll be able to play 13 songs! To help reinforce the concepts in the book, the accompanying DVD includes over an hour of tutorials demonstrating the proper posture, bowing, and fingering techniques explained in the step-by-step teaching method in the book.
- Author BiographyMrs. Bridgette Seidel graduated with a Bachelor of Music Education from Oklahoma City University. In 2000, she founded the Academy of Music Performance in Texas, and is the Head Violin Instructor to close to fifty young violin virtuosos. Shortly after moving to Texas, she joined the performing group, the BCS String Quartet as the 1st Violinist, manager, and song composer. In the year of 2004 she started a successful on-line business, www.videoviolinlessons.com, selling quality violin lessons on DVD. Though her easy step-by-step teaching style coupled with her adventurous and creative spirit, she has touched many hearts world wide with the gift of music.
- Author(s)Bridgette Seidel
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/11/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight545 g
- Width185 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.