All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1943 and Naples has been looted by the Allies and Axis powers alike, its priceless art treasures coveted by some of the most corrupt criminal minds in Europe. But under the orders of Field Security, Tom Pugh must save the paintings of Detto Banti, matter what the cost. In this tantalising read, one man stands against a tide of wilful destruction and greed, trying to save a past for the people of Naples' future.
- Author BiographyJohn Harris, wrote under his own name and also the pen names of Mark Hebden and Max Hennessy. He was born in 1916 and educated at Rotherham Grammar School before becoming a journalist on the staff of the local paper. A short period freelancing preceded World War II, during which he served as a corporal attached to the South African Air Force. Moving to the Sheffield Telegraph after the war, he also became known as an accomplished writer and cartoonist. Other 'part time' careers followed. He started writing novels in 1951 and in 1953 had considerable success when his best-selling 'The Sea Shall Not Have Them' was filmed. He went on to write many more war and modern adventure novels under his own name, and also some authoritative non-fiction, such as 'Dunkirk'. Using the name Max Hennessy, he wrote some very accomplished historical fiction and as Mark Hebden, the 'Chief Inspector Pel' novels which feature a quirky Burgundian policeman. Harris was a sailor, an airman, a journalist, a travel courier, a cartoonist and a history teacher, who also managed to squeeze in over eighty books. A master of war and crime fiction, his enduring novels are versatile and entertaining.
- Author(s)John Harris
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication30/05/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1988
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight388 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.