All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe re-release of this long-lost gem from 1897 culminates the ten-year celebration of The Nelson Decade and coincides with the Trafalgar bicentennial events currently underway. The author, W. Clark Russell, was one of the nineteenth-century's most popular and prolific writers of nautical literature, and his short stories and vels were so widely read that they were mentioned in other vels of the day. Largely forgotten today is the fact that Russell brought his prodigious storytelling talents to bear upon the true-life exploits of Admiral Lord Nelson. In 1890 Russell published a dense and lengthy biography of the admiral that left stone unturned about the naval hero's life. With the timelessness of a good vel, the much leaner and better-paced Pictures focuses solely on the action-filled episodes of the Nelson saga. Modern-day readers who revel in the works of Patrick O'Brian and C.S. Forester will find it to be just as enjoyable as did Russell's contemporaries.
- Author BiographyW. Clark Russell, the Patrick O'Brian of the nineteenth century, is the author of the novel The Wreck of the Grosvenor, among numerous other works.
- Author(s)W. Clark Russell
- PublisherNaval Institute Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAnnopolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNaval Institute Press
- Content Note8 halftones
- Weight449 g
- Width212 mm
- Height136 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.