All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionEstelle R. Jorgensen's latest work is an exploratory look into the ways we practice and represent music education through the metaphors and models that appear in everyday life. These metaphors and models serve as entry points into a deeper understanding of music education that moves beyond literal ways of thinking and doing and allows for a more creative embodiment of musical thought. Seeing the reader as a partner in the creation of meaning, Jorgensen intends for this book to be experienced by, rather than dictated to, the reader. Jorgensen's hope is that the intersections of art and philosophy, and metaphor and model can provide a richer and more imaginative view of music education.
- Author BiographyEstelle R. Jorgensen is Professor of Music at the Jacobs School of Music, Indiana University Bloomington. She is author of In Search of Music Education; Transforming Music Education (IUP, 2003); and The Art of Teaching Music (IUP, 2008). She is editor of Philosophy of Music Education Review.
- Author(s)Estelle R. Jorgensen
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication23/05/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints: Music and Education
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note15 b&w illus.
- Weight613 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.