All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis group of new critical essays offers multidisciplinary analysis of director Peter Jackson's spectacularly successful adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Two Towers (2002) and The Return of the King (2003). Part One of the collection, Techniques of Structure and Story, compares and contrasts the organizational principles of the books and films. Part Two, Techniques of Character and Culture, focuses on the methods used to transform the characters and settings of Tolkien's narrative into the personalities and places visualized on screen. Each of the sixteen essays includes extensive tes and a separate bibliography. Instructors considering this book for use in a course may request an examination copy here.
- Author BiographyJanice M. Bogstad is a professor of women's studies and English and head of technical services at the McIntyre Library, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. Her written work has appeared in more than 60 reference books. University of Wisconsin-Madison Emeritus Philip E. Kaveny is an independent scholar, author, playwright, poet and lecturer.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJanice M. Bogstad,Philip E. Kaveny
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.