CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionAt the turn of the twentieth century, Greece and Spain saw an influx of immigrants from developing nations. And as their foreign populations grew, both countries' national media were there to document the change - in the process shaping perceptions of the immigrant groups by their new countries and the world. Picturing Immigration offers a comparative study of the photojournalistic framing of immigrants in these two southern European nations, which were recently transformed from senders to receivers of migrants. Going beyond traditional media analysis, it focuses on images rather than text to explore a host of hot topics, including media representation of mirities, immigration and stereotypes.
- Author BiographyAthanasia Batziou is a researcher at the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences in Athens, Greece.
- Author(s)Athanasia Batziou
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight386 g
- Width240 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.