All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionMy mother's career in English musical comedy as well as mine in German opera and American academia led to fascinating meetings or friendships with George Bernard Shaw, Dame Nellie Melba, Liza Lehmann, Kate Smith, Eileen Farrell, Maria von Trapp, Frederick Jagel, Francis Robinson, Wieland Wagner, Wilfred C. Bain, Berta Morena, Maria Ivoguen and Marta Fuchs. This book chronicles these experiences.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Elizabeth Nash received her B.F.A. from Columbia University and was awarded a two year Fulbright Grant to study opera in Germany. For the next ten years, she was a leading soprano in German opera houses. She then returned to the United States and earned an M.A. at Teachers College, Columbia University, followed by a Ph.D. at Indiana University. Since 1975, she has been Head of Voice Studies in the Theatre Arts Department at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Nash is the author of the biographies Always First Class: The Career of Geraldine Farrar and The Luminous Ones: A History of the Great Actresses.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Nash
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1994
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 20: Fine Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.