All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe popularity of William Langland's great medieval poem Piers Plowman survived long after its appearance in the fourteenth century. Testimony of the poem's popularity manifests itself in the fifty-six surviving medieval copies of the manuscript, ne of which is signed by Langland and each of which introduces its own set of uncertainties. The Piers Plowman Electronic Archive, a collaborative effort devoted to publishing all the relevant medieval and renaissance witnesses to Langland's influential work, will enable scholars to conduct complex searches and comparisons of the various surviving manuscripts in order to trace the introduction of inauthenticentities. Each volume of the archive will include an SGML-encoded version of one of the texts of this lengthy medieval poem, accompanied by color facsimiles of the original manuscript pages. Users can view the text in a number of modes, including diplomatic style, an exact transcription of the original text without any emendations or corrections, and scribal style, in which variations introduced by the scribe are color-coded. (For users t able to use the SGML reader (which works on Windows/95/98/NT), there are HTML versions of the texts and images.) This second volume of The Piers Plowman Electronic Archive is dedicated to Cambridge, Trinity College, MS B.15.17, one of the earliest and one of the most handsome of the manuscripts of the B-Version of Piers Plowman, prized for its centrality to the editorial tradition of the B-Version. System Requirements Windows 80486 processor with 32MB RAM Windows 95/98/NT Netscape 3.0 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 Macintosh For users who plan to use the HTML version: Any Model Mac or clone capable of Internet access
- Author(s)William Langland
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSEENET: Society for Early English & Norse Electronic Texts S.
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Notecol.
- Weight135 g
- Width165 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.