All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together a vast amount of information on Pietro Mascagni and his works, this volume in the Greenwood Press series Bio-Bibliographies in Music includes a catalogue of the composer's works and performances, bibliography, discography, and brief biographical sketch. Mascagni is best kwn for Cavalleria Rusticana, but he wrote fifteen other stage works and over 100 other compositions, including sacred music, songs and film scores. Overshadowed by his contemporary Puccini and tainted by association with the fascist regime of Mussolini, Mascagni is both a famous and neglected opera composer. This volume charts the decline in performances of Mascagni's operas other than Cavalleria Rusticana and reveals a growing interest in and changing attitude toward the composer. The discography includes more than 2,500 recordings, and the antated bibliography includes 361 titles. This research tool will appeal to Mascagni and to opera scholars. Each section is cross-referenced throughout. An appendix includes a chrology of Mascagni's conducting career.
- Author BiographyROGER FLURY is the Senior Librarian with the National Library of New Zealand. He is Artistic Director of Academy Opera and broadcasts regularly on music for Radio New Zealand's Concert FM network.
- Author(s)Roger Flury
- Date of Publication30/12/2000
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in Music
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 82
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight809 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.