Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pork on your fork is a truly succulent meat, able to hold its own against any red-meat rival. Words like 'rashers', 'gammon', 'chops', 'belly' and 'bacon' have a poetry savoured by all who kw this wonderful animal well. Yet pork can be a tricky meat to cook: it can easily become tough and dry - and achieving the perfect crackling is even harder! But when you kw the expert's secrets, you realise that pork is a fantastic meat. It's healthy, inexpensive and incredibly versatile - and the various types of pork offer up wonderfully diverse flavours, aromas and textures. In Pig, charismatic chef Johnnie Mountain demystifies cooking with pork. With more than 100 delicious recipes, as well as information, tips and QR codes for your smart phone that take you to how-to video footage throughout, this book shows you how to cook pork brilliantly. Pig is divided into four chapters. Chapter One, Home Favourites, gives you simple recipes for the whole family - for example, Grilled Garlic & Sage Pork Chops and Pork & Apricot Tagine. In Chapter Two, Cured, Dried, Preserved & Smoked, you'll find amazing tastes and textures such as Pea & Ham Terrine and Ham Steaks with Caramelized Apple. Chapter Three, Aromatic & Spicy, shows you how to infuse fiery flavours into dishes like Vietnamese Pork Salad and Char Siu Pork. And Chapter Four, Slow-Cooked, reveals the secret to truly succulent pork with recipes such as Slow-Roast Belly of Pork and Pork Loin in a Fennel-Salt Crust. Special practical features throughout the book explain the different cuts of meat and how to smoke, preserve, cure and braise. This book celebrates the pig in all its glory!
- Author BiographyJohnnie Mountain is a charismatic and entertaining chef, star on BBC2's Great British Menu, and owner of The English Pig and The Atrium restaurants in London. He previously worked at Cafe Dell Ugo, Zilli Fish and The Fat Duck, and then branched out on his own in 2000, opening Mosaica, then The English Pig and, most recently, The Atrium. More information can be found at www.johnniemountain.com
- Author(s)Johnnie Mountain
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDuncan Baird Publishers
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.