CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.03Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- SynopsisCameron is 13 years old and desperately in need of a heart transplant, when a pioneering doctor approaches his family with a startling proposal. He can give Cameron a new heart - not from a human, but from a pig,Cameron is fed up with not being able to join in with his friends' swimming and other games because of his weak heart, so when his dad reads an article about transgenics, he's keen to find out more. They contact the doctor pioneering animal organ transplants, and after exhaustive tests it is decided that Cameron should be the first human ever to receive a pig heart transplant. His mum has misgivings but Cam knows he can't pass up his chance for a normal life. However, after the operation, though, life is anything but normal. There are a lot of people who turn against Cameron without understanding him - and he loses support where he most expects to find it. Cam's will to live is truly tested - will it be enough to carry him through the danger and the pain? A heart-stopping thriller with an up-to-the-minute contemporary setting from an author acclaimed for her gripping stories.
- AuthorMalorie Blackman
- Number Of Pages208 pages
- Publication Date2000-01-01
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Limited
- Publication Year2000
- Copyright Date1998
- Weight4.2 Oz
- Width4.3 In.
- Length7.1 In.
- GroupJuvenile Audience
- Dewey Decimal823.914
- Dewey Edition22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.