Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive guide to keeping pigs - full of practical information and advice Whether you would like a Kune Kune to keep as a pet, a British Lop to breed and raise pedigree piglets, or perhaps a Berkshire for delicious sausages, this book will help you to pick the right pig for you. Guiding you through every stage of the pig keeping process- - from choosing livestock to finding a partner for your sow - this book covers everything you need to kw about keeping, breeding, eating and selling pigs. A fascinating and practical guide to the pig breeds of Britain. * Covers rare and traditional breeds - from the tamworth to the Gloucestershire Old Spot - as well as imported breeds such as the Vietnamese Pot Belly. * Packed with practical information on keeping pigs for pets, for meat or for breeding. * Includes expert advice on walking, feeding, providing shelter and mating - right through to selling the meat and raising piglets.
- Author BiographyRichard Lutwyche is Secretary of both the Gloucestershire Old Spots Pig Breeders' Club and the British Saddlebacks Breeders' Club. He edits both their newsletters as well as those for the Tamworth Breeders' Club and the British Lop Pig Society. He is MD of the Traditional Breeds Meat Marketing Co Ltd, promoting meat from pedigree rare breeds. He has published articles in a number of magazines including Country Life, The Field, Country Living, NFU Countrysid ... read more on our website.
- Author(s)Richard Lutwyche
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication13/03/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Weight188 g
- Width181 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.