Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.62+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by maraalda
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOscar Mandinga, great-grandchild of the founders of a small hamlet deep in the Cuban hinterland, is a sardonic teller of tales - some taller than others. But one day Oscar wakes to find himself utterly alone, the sole descendant of his family line. He is t sure what to do or where to go, but in the midst of this uncertainty, he holds fast to what his grandfather always told him: 'No man kws who he is until he kws his past.' So Oscar sets out to find his ancestral village and the meaning of the magical pig's-foot amulet he has inherited.
- Author BiographyCarlos Acosta was born in Havana in 1973 and trained at the National Ballet School of Cuba. He has been a principal at the English National Ballet, the Houston Ballet, the American Ballet Theater and the Royal Ballet, and has danced as a guest artist all over the world, winning numerous international awards. He is the author of the autobiography No Way Home. www.carlosacosta.com Frank Wynne has won three major prizes for his translations, including the 2002 IMPAC for Atomised by Michel Houellebecq and the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize. He is also the translator of Tomas Eloy Martinez's Purgatory and Marcelo Figueras's Kamchatka.
- Author(s)Carlos Acosta
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight250 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byFrank Wynne
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.