All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe pika survives where life is rocky. A male pika scurries across a stone pile high in the mountains. He nips leafy twigs off bushes and piles them in the shelter of a rocky den. This hamster-size cousin of the rabbit builds a hay pile as big as a bathtub. In the winter, he feeds on his hay pile, tunnels through the sw for lichens, and pops out for low-growing plants. The story of how the pika avoids predators, survives the cold, and sings for a mate will enthrall young readers. Tannis Bill's simple text makes the true story of the pika accessible to all. Jim Jacobson's stunning photographs capture the pika in the act of living naturally.
- Author BiographyTannis Bill was an elementary-level teacher for nineteen years, with special training in early childhood education and early-reading intervention. She lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Jim Jacobson is an educator, outdoorsman, and wildlife photographer. He lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Author(s)Tannis Bill
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width211 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Photographer(s)Jim Jacobson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.