Pilgrim by Steven Croft, Paula Gooder, Stephen Cottrell, Robert Atwell (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.49Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPilgrim is a major new teaching and discipleship resource from the Church of England. It will help enquirers and new Christians explore what it means to travel through life with Jesus Christ. A Christian course for the twenty-first century, Pilgrim offers an approach of participation, t persuasion. Enquirers are encouraged to practice the ancient disciplines of biblical reflection and prayer, exploring key texts that have helped people since the earliest days of the Christian faith. Believing that the Christian faith is primarily about relationship, Pilgrim aims to lay a foundation for a lifetime of learning more about God's love revealed in Jesus Christ and what it means to be his disciple. Assuming little or kwledge of the Christian faith, Pilgrim can be used at any point on the journey of discipleship and by every tradition in the Church of England. Pilgrim is made up of two parts: Follow and Grow. Each consists of four short courses and a leaders' guide. Follow introduces the Christian faith for complete beginners, while Grow aims to develop a deeper level of discipleship in those who have turned to Christ. Each short course contains six-sessions, supported by online audio-visual resources. All sessions combine a simple framework prayer, reflection on the Bible in the lectio divina style, an article by a modern writer, and time for questions and reflection. This third book in the Follow Stage, The Commandments, explores priorities, reverence, rest, respect, rectitude and reliability. Contributors include Andrew Watson, Victoria Matthews, J.John, Lucy Winkett, Alan Smith and Rachel Treweek.
- Author BiographyJoanne Grenfell is Archdeacon of Portsdown in the Diocese of Portsmouth. J. John is a renowned international Christian speaker and author. Victoria Matthews is the Bishop of Christ Church, New Zealand. Alan Smith is the Bishop of St Albans. Andrew Watson is the Suffragan Bishop of Aston in the Diocese of Birmingham. Lucy Winkett is the Rector of St James Piccadilly, Diocese of London.
- Author(s)Paula Gooder,Robert Atwell,Stephen Cottrell,Steven Croft
- PublisherChurch House Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitlePilgrim Course
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurch House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.