All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionPindar's Pythian Eleven is a miniature masterpiece: a poem praising a young athlete which presents a vivid and important account of the Agamemn legend. Yet it contains so many difficulties (of text, metre, dating and interpretation) that even Wilamowitz regarded it as one of Pindar's most obscure poems. This 2007 edition (the first full-scale treatment that the poem had ever received) provides answers to the problems that have prevented proper appreciation of the work. In addition to the full introduction and commentary, the book also has a text based on re-examination of the manuscripts, detailed metrical discussion, and a translation.
- Author BiographyP. J. Finglass is Lecturer in Classical Studies, University of Nottingham.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- LanguageGreek, Modern (1453-), English
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Classical Texts and Commentaries
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byP. J. Finglass
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.