CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionA delightfully unfestive comedy about a group of recent graduates doing seasonal work selling Christmas trees. 'Tis the season to be jolly. But the employees at Christmas Pines are certainly t. Gabby has a first-class hours degree and an MA, but somehow she's stuck - for the third year running - counting Norwegian Spruce. Betty wishes she was ice-skating with her mates at Somerset House rather than 'gaining work experience'. Joe is nursing a broken hand, and heart, by lugging trees. Taj can't decide whether he's in love with Gabby or Betty. And they're all being driven out of their minds by Christmas songs on repeat...Jacqui Honess-Martin's play Pine explores the value of learning on the job, the rose-tinted expectations of recent graduates, and the inability to see the wood for the trees. It premiered at Hampstead Downstairs, London, in December 2015.
- Author BiographyJacqui Honess-Martin is a playwright and theatre director. Her plays include Pine (Hampstead Theatre, 2015) and Tell Out My Soul (Public Theatre, New York, 2008). As Artistic Director of InSite Performance she has written and directed We Have Fallen (IdeasTap Underbelly Award, Edinburgh); SMITH (The British Museum); Antigone (Walworth Council Chambers); and directed Abyss and Larisa and the Merchants (Arcola Theatre).
- Author(s)Jacqui Honess-Martin
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight136 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.