Pink-On-Pink: Writing My Way Through Breast Cancer by Teresa Schreiber Werth (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionPink-On-Pink: Writing My Way Through Breast Cancer is a collection of poetry and prose that poignantly captures the essence of the author's life changing experience of receiving a breast cancer diagsis, the resulting journey through treatment and redefining her identity after treatment. Her writing will inspire those facing the battle with breast cancer to live fully present in the moment to what matters most. She opens up our understanding of living in faith through breast cancer diagsis and treatment, however does t minimize the many paradoxes she faced; fear and hope, tears and laughter, a spiritual journey and test of faith, a dreaded diagsis yet in some aspects, a gift. The book is also intended to be a guide for patients, family and friends of those facing a similar diagsis. The essays, letters and poems can serve as templates for reflective writing, for topics of discussion, and as reminders of those who have shared the journey and who are able to also share wisdom and hope. This cohesive body of work illustrates the many aspects of life with and after breast cancer and the many unexpected ways it can empower a person to live fully and bravely.
- Author BiographyTeresa (Terry) Schreiber Werth is a writer who has found opportunities for reflection and sharing in every aspect of her adult life. Her 35-year career as a freelance writer and communications specialist provides expertise in public relations, education and healthcare. Her avocations as a funeral and wedding celebrant, as well as her volunteer experiences in hospice, INTERVOL, American Red Cross Disaster Relief and Reach Out Radio, enrich and inform her writing, as she explores what it means to be a compassionate and loving human being. With extensive experience in public speaking, she possesses the poise and passion to convey her beliefs and experiences with gentleness, humor and candor. Terry is especially interested in sharing her recent diagnosis with stage 3 triple negative breast cancer through a body of work, including prose and poetry, chronicling her diagnosis, treatment and life since. Her current status is N.E.D. (no evidence of disease). Pink-On-Pink: Writing My Way Through Breast Cancer is designed to comfort, affirm and inspire others who have been diagnosed, encouraging them to use writing as part of their treatment regimen and to enlighten their family and friends. Her message is one of hope and optimism, described by survivor Maureen Gevirtz as honest to the bone. She continues writing her ethical will for her children and grandchildren, regarding life writing as the most valuable aspect of her legacy. She is a an active member of the Story Circle Network (www.storycircle.org)
- Author(s)Teresa Schreiber Werth
- PublisherCreative Energies
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Energies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Photographer(s)Donald A Werth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.