All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its incredible range of best-loved, essential classics. 'But I am t like other boys! I always tell the truth.' The story of Picchio has remained one of the best-loved children's tales for over a century. However, the original 1883 vel about the adventures of the mischievous marionette on his quest to become a real boy began as a sophisticated story for both adults and children, and includes political satire, slapstick humour and questions about the role of tradition and society. From the moment Geppetto decides to carve himself a son from a magical piece of wood, the tale lurches from one fantastical episode to ather, in one of the most enchanting fables of all time.
- Author BiographyCarlo Collodi (1826-1890) is the pseudonym of Carlo Lorenzini, an Italian children's writer. His most famous work, 'The Adventures of Pinocchio', first appeared in 1880, published weekly in a newspaper for children. The novel's eponymous character has transcended the page and taken on a life of his own, appearing in films, television, plays, and spinoff works.
- Author(s)Carlo Collodi
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight110 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.