All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPioneer Girl is the true story of Grace McCance Snyder. In 1885, when Grace was three, she and her family became homesteaders on the windswept prairie of central Nebraska. They settled into a small sod house and hauled their water in barrels. Together they endured violent storms, drought, blizzards, and prairie fires. Despite the hardships and dangers, Grace loved her life on the prairie. Weaving Grace's story into the history of America's heartland, award-winning author Andrea Warren writes t just of one spirited girl but of all the children who homesteaded with their families in the late 1800s, sharing the heartbreaks and joys of pioneer life.
- Author BiographyAndrea Warren is the author of several highly acclaimed children's books, including Orphan Train Rider: One Boy's True Story, winner of the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Outstanding Nonfiction; Surviving Hitler: A Boy in the Nazi Death Camps, a Robert F. Sibert Award Honor Book; and Escape from Saigon: How a Vietnam War Orphan Became an American Boy, a Booklist Editors' Choice.
- Author(s)Andrea Warren
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note33 photographs
- Weight204 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.57Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.