All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis second and final book in the exploration of the pioneers of financial ecomics examines the development of the discipline during the twentieth century. Specially commissioned essays discuss scholars from the early part of the century to the Nobel Prize winners of the last decade including: Irving Fisher, Frederick Macaulay, Harry Markowitz and Fischer Black. Discussions of less familiar, though less important, historical figures are also included. The essays situate the emergence of modern financial ecomics - commonly referred to as modern finance - within the broader context of the intellectual development of ecomic science. The book begins by exploring contributions from the early part of the century. Succeeding chapters present the views of modern finance insiders and consider alternative perspectives, with sociological interpretations of the rise of modern financial ecomics. An outstanding volume of original analysis, Pioneers of Financial Ecomics: Volume 2 is an essential reference source of seminal contributions on the history of financial ecomics. Students and scholars of finance, ecomics, sociology and intellectual history will find this comprehensive volume an invaluable addition to their library. The relatively n-technical nature of the book makes it accessible to professionals in the fields of finance and ecomics.
- Author BiographyEdited by Geoffrey Poitras, Professor of Finance, Simon Fraser University, Canada with Franck Jovanovic, Lecturer, Department of Economics, Universite du Quebec a Montreal (UQAM), Montreal, Canada
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Width244 mm
- Height169 mm
- Edited byFranck Jovanovic,Geoffrey Poitras
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.