All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionA dramatic swplow mishap and a chance meeting bring together engineers Jack Pipov and Ann Stuart. Jack is a retired Air Force colonel and well-paid consultant, with long experience in international hot spots. Ann is fresh out of school. Together they sign on for what looks like an unremarkable oil-extraction project in a remote area of the Rockies. But when local environmentalists stymie the plan, a long regulatory battle looms, and the project's funding dries up. However, the project's proposed location and infrastructure make it a perfect fit for clandestine government operations. The feds snap up the company, and overnight Jack and Ann find themselves plunged from civil engineering and into the spook world, with their every move controlled, scrutinized and guarded. For Jack, it's familiar if unwelcome territory. For Ann, it's a long way from rural Maine and the freedom of her college days. The engineering challenges are soon the least of their worries. A wily Saudi terrorist has infiltrated the local greens, and is bent on causing trouble. Beltway sleaze, interdepartmental feuds and political machinations contribute to the out-of-control situation as Jack and Ann find themselves battling to keep their integrity and their wits intact in a world where they'll need both just to stay alive.
- Author BiographyBob Cousins is a sixth-generation Texan, born to a family of entrepreneurs. Bob grew up surrounded by technologies and businesses, including the agriculture, lumber, oil, and petrochemical industries. He studied Engineering Science at the University of Texas and founded his first high tech company in his spare time. He has also lived in Massachusetts, New York, and California, where he developed a number of successful technologies. Bob has been issued more than a half dozen patents in diverse fields, including e-commerce, medical devices, computer storage, networking and RADAR. He is also considered one of the inventors of the file server appliance. Throughout his varied career, Bob has worked with foreign governments, government agencies and major corporations. He has managed a congressional campaign. Bob also taught at San Jose State University as an Adjunct Professor. Now a semi-retired consultant, he uses his years of executive experience to assist high tech startups. Bob currently lives in Silicon Valley with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Robert Cousins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.