All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe second in the London Lampworkers series, this book offers a definitive guide to identify and learn more about Pirelli Glass. Chapter 1 - the people who worked at Pirelli Glass and the history of the company and its products. Chapter 2 - how Pirelli came to work so closely with the famous Scottish paperweight makers Vasart, including the range of Pirelli/Vasart products. Chapter 3 - all the Pirelli glass models from the 1959 company catalogue. Chapter 4 - the glass animal cartoon figures made under license from Disney; and commissions for the Guinness Company, Ferguson and others. Chapter 5 - later glass models from the 60s/70s, kwn from a later catalogue, from Pirelli advertisements, by their Pirelli labels, or confirmed by the glass artists who made them (Bob Martin/Mick Munns). Chapter 6 - Pirelli Glass decorated tableware and barware. Appendix A- the original 1959 Pirelli Glass catalogue pages. Appendix B - Pirelli Glass original prices.
- Author BiographyI spent my career in management education, as a researcher and lecturer at Manchester Business School and then for ten years as Professor at the University of Strathclyde in Scotland. I retired relatively early and became a management consultant, jet-setting around - giving advice on remuneration in many countries. That was how I found a wonderful place in New Zealand called the Bay of Islands and made it my home. And whilst doing all that travelling I had time to spare in many different cities, so I used to visit antique shops buying collectable glass and researching my new-found passion for glass. In New Zealand I set up a glass museum which turned out to be rather a good way to lose a lot of money. I was saved by the arrival of the internet. My museum was converted into a series of websites about glass and I became a writer on glass as well as a passionate collector. Amongst my previous publications are some ten books on management and four books on glass, and my websites include The Glass Museum, The Glass Encyclopedia, and The Glass Messages Board. I also edit the website for the US Paperweight Collectors Association Inc.
- Author(s)Angela M Bowey,Bob Martin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.